Friday, June 20, 2008

FOOD FOR FLOOD...FREE

Not sure how long the offer will last...but read below to find out more about this wonderful offer...

FROM CARL MANN, Spirit Lake, IA

Hello everyone, especially to those in the flooded river towns,

I have access to literally a ton of food to be distributed. This comes from the "Kids Against Hunger" program. Each bag contains 6 meals of a rice/soy base with dried vegetables, chicken flavoring, and vitamins/nutrients. This can be served as is or with meat or more vegetables added. One case has 36 bags equaling 216 meals/portions as packaged.

What I need to know is how many churches/towns are feeding people directly such as Waverly is doing or has food pantries that could use this food to give to those in need especially those who have been flooded out. If I can get this information from you, who are on the front lines, I could plan to make a road trip as early as next week to distribute this gift of food. Please indicate how many cases you could use, addresses as to where to deliver, and cell phone numbers for contact people. When I get the totals, I will apportion as fairly as I can, and will publish a delivery schedule.

Thanks in advance,

Carl+
Spirit Lake


Carl's email is: revrhino@myclearwave.net

No comments: